Monday, April 5, 2010

And away we go!




So here is the first blog post of one latecomer into the blogging world.


I will admit to never being that interested in putting down my own thoughts before, or offering my opinions to anyone coming down the pike. I was always reading everyone else's musings and staying back behind the scenes, so to speak. But no more.


I want this to be a place for informing others of things I have learned. About books that will keep you informed. And projects I am working on that you might like.



Who am I, you may ask. I am just an average consumer, artist, and all around normal Crafty Girl. I live in a big city but long for the suburbs. My dad once asked me if I was a City Girl or a Country Girl. I told him neither, I am a suburb girl. Just enough to get away from the city noise and traffic but close enough to enjoy shopping and other fun and important things.


I will be posting pictures of projects that I attempt. Even if they don't work out like I planned. I will share anyway. Perhaps other crafty people will be able to see my attempts and perfect!

I will share my opinions on books I read. Good or bad. I love picking up a good craft book.

I will leave my ranting behind for the most part. I do it often so I don't necessarily want a blog full of them. And who wants to read rants anyway.

I love to take pictures. Flowers are one of my many favorites! I love animal life as well. I am thankful to live in an area where I can drive several miles and see the symbol of this country, Bald Eagles, soaring overhead! I love that digital cameras make it possible to see the pictures you have taken and to take multiple shots with just one little card, instead of numerous rolls of film.

A few facts about me: I don't have a Facebook page(gasp), I don't twitter(unless I see something I really like and that is an entirely different kind of twittering anyway), I love non-sensical words(like anyhoo, twerp and nincompoop), and I frequently try new crafts even though I already have a million unfinished projects laying around. That is just a few things for now. Inevitably more facts will come out about me.

So please come with me as I start this new adventure. I know I plan on enjoying the ride while it lasts!
In craftyness always,
One Crafty Girl Named Lori









No comments:

Post a Comment